Wednesday, April 22

Another lovely day, with warm sunshine. Early morning I spend visiting a nursery, a new discovery, which is packed to the gunnells with plants, and buy a mixture of perennials, alpines and Dahlias. A Ruby Tiger moth, the first I have ever seen in the garden, settles on a Granny's Bonnet, long enough for me to take a photo. A Magpie is mobbing a Blackbird and a Butterfly is chasing a Bee! My dad leaves a pretty French Lavender on the doorstep which is an unexpected surprise.
u
Cut back Bramble and pull/dig out weeds. The ever multiplying Dandelions will have to wait until another time, although I snap off and discard flower heads as I pass by. Divide Antirrhinum which have successfully overwintered and plant out.
u

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to keep your daily observations and thoughts ~ it's wonderful that you share them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fine idea to write a garden diary.
    I can see that your flowers are earlier than ours, the winter was hard and long this year.
    Do you know that with the young green of dandelions you can make a salad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely idea... i will follow this with interest. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Father's Day here in the States...Mine is gone but I'm thinking of how wonderful yours is today. I love the way your words express things so clearly. I feel as if I'm there.

    ReplyDelete