Friday, May 8

The day starts grey and cloudy, the garden is refreshed after a heavy shower. The wind is a brisk south westerly, which is rattling the windchimes. In the morning I see a Blackbird fledgling, the first this year, being closely guarded by one parent. I put out sultanas as a treat and top up the birdbaths. With neighbouring cats often using the garden as a thoroughfare, I hope it makes it to adulthood? The Granny's Bonnets are blooming, and heads of Poppy 'Pattys Plum' are opening, one by one.
o
Pull out Forget-me-nots now past their best, before they go to seed!
u

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you
    I have several breeding pairs of Blackbirds in my garden but no sign of any fledglings yet.
    My neighbours have cats too and they use my garden as if they own it
    I would be absolutely gutted if they ever harmed any of the birds
    I have a pet Pheasant, but he's been missing a fortnight and I desperately hope they have not done for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have cats and blackbirds, lots of both. The blackbirds almost appear foolhardy to nest and feed their young in our garden and yet they obviusly know something we don't as the cats leave them alone. In fact I think my cats are rather keen bird watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you blogging again, Louise? Miss your wonderful photos and things.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete