Wednesday, July 8


Mid afternoon a storm passes over like a whirlwind, bringing with it torrential rain. It is all over in a flash. Two male Gatekeeper butterflies are in dispute over territory, whirling around each other like frantic. I hear, but don't see the Great Tits in the garden. I do see the Wood Pigeon, such a comical bird. It takes much time to manoeuvre itself onto the birdtable when it would be so much simpler to peck spilt seed off the ground! After nine, with the advent of nightfall I see Pipestrelle Bats circling around the garden for the first time this year.
u
Cut back Geranium for second flush.
o

1 comment:

  1. I live next door to a church, a natural home for bats.
    I can sit quite comfortably on my sofa and watch them clearly though the lounge window. I have not yet worked out how to snap them, due to the poor light and their speed of turn.
    I have a Wood Pigeon that I have named Walter, who does mostly pick up the spilt seed and peanuts. However he too is comical when trying to manoeuvre from the roof of the bird table onto its tray, in so doing he makes me laugh
    Sadly I don't have any Gatekeepers in particular or butterflies in general

    ReplyDelete